Wednesday, October 7, 2009

House

Cody and I moved to Little Rock in the summer of 2002 after I graduated from OBU. We lived in an apartment for less than a year, all the while trying to figure out where we wanted to live. We bought a house in Bryant in May of 2003. We loved it in Bryant, but the house was older and needed some work. We considered it our starter/fixer-upper house. We thought we would be there about 3 years and sell it for a profit since it would be much nicer than the house we originally bought and moved into! Ha! Six years later, we sold the house. Not much had changed except for the kitchen flooring, some paint, and an eight foot privacy fence (we had a neighbor issue).

So, with a closing date in sight and nowhere to go we frantically looked at every house in our county within our budget. We couldn't find the house that fit our needs and budget at the same time. In calling around asking about houses I came into contact with a lady that was a builder and she told me I should look into building. I was nice and tried to appease her by talking with her about it, but on the inside I was thinking, "This lady doesn't know us! We can not afford to build on Cody's income and my babysitting money!".

Anyways, ended up moving into an apartment because we had to be out of our house and "the lady" put some figures on paper and here we are! We, well I should say the workers, began September 22nd. The first pic is on September 29th and the second is October 6th.

We are excited and nervous! We are thanking God for all He has done for us and all He has given us, and asking Him to make it all work!



2 comments:

Allyson Petty said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you guys! It's looking good! and what a testimony!

The Bells said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see pics of the progress. Your boys are so adorable!