Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Catch up!

Wow! I'm way behind in the blogging world! Oh, wait..... I'm way behind in the real world too! Seems to be a prevailing theme in my life! Behind in laundry, cleaning in general, fashion (what's that again?), cooking (ha!), getting to bed (it's after midnight right now), and pretty much everything else I could think of! I think I've decided that I can continue blogging, but that I cannot ready others blogs. It only serves the purpose of reminding me how good other mothers are at things and how ill-prepared I am to be a Godly teacher to my children. I'm just not a teacher at heart and those things do not come to me naturally. I don't naturally make teaching moments out of everyday tasks, situations, etc. I don't know all the catchy songs for clean-up time, being patient (thanks Ash!), and learning the days of the week (Nat).
I don't have the cutest clothes for my kids, I don't get the cutest pics taken of my kids, I don't make gingerbread houses with them (seen two blogs in the last 10 minutes with pics of theirs), I don't even get pics of my kids in the blogs! Maybe these are things that will begin to come more naturally to me as the boys get older (have to keep reminding myself they are only 1 and 2). I want to be an example to them and not just someone who tells them what they should be doing. This means I need to have my life in order. I don't have the answers, except that I need to be spending more time with God. He has the answers and He's not hiding them from me....if I spent time looking for them I know He would reveal them to me.

3 comments:

Chris & Whitney said...

Oh Jordan...I so want you to be encouraged that you're not the only mom that struggles and not discouraged by my blog...please know that I DO NOT have it all together or by any means do I do everything with my girls that I need to...the blog is just a snapshot of our lives...not the whole story. And besides...you already have the answer - seeking out God more - something I know to do as well, but just can't seem to get it all together to do more of! And I would LOVE to get to know you better! I totally agree that we probably share much more in common than we know! And it sounds like you need encouragement from other moms as much as I do - I think we all need it more than we know! My email is whitney.white@ltdteam.com Drop me a note, and we can exchange phone numbers, etc and get together! I hope you've had a wonderful holiday with all of your boys (incl. Cody!) Enjoy it all - I've found that time MAJORLY speeds up when you add a 2nd kid to the mix! Happy New Year! Can't wait to hear from you!

Ashley said...

My sister taught me that patience song and I mainly sing it to myself, you know how impatient I am. You are a wonderful mother, I feel blessed to know you.

The Hope Family said...

I think that we can all say for certain that every mother struggles. I think that the struggles that we have are struggles that God gives us so that we are able to appreciate even more the funny, messy, loving, crazy, klutzy, strange things that our kids do. I think those things become even more meaningful after even the WORST day, because then it's like all the moments of insecurties as parents just kindof melt away, if only for a moment. And in that moment, you have to tell yourself that you must have done something right, because here those kids are again doing those funny, messy, loving, crazy, klutzy, strange things and you just find it hilarious! You are AWESOME Jordan!