Monday, November 24, 2008

Illnesses

Seems like it's that time of year for EVERYTHING to be passed around from snotty nose to snotty nose! Today is day 3 for Jace to have a temperature averaging 103 degrees. Doc says it's a fever virus and there's nothing to be done for it, go figure! That poor guy has been coughing and having a snotty nose for over a month now. He has been on an allergy medication which didn't help, Amoxicillin which didn't help, and today we're trying Omnicef to see if we can get rid of his upper respiratory infection. He's so pitiful laying in our laps ALL day long. I don't blame him, when I have a temperature at all I want to be in my pajamas and lay in bed all day too!
Also, my Nana is having surgery tomorrow to try to remove as much of her cancer as possible. She was initially diagnosed with ovarian cancer about 4 months ago. She has been receiving chemo treatments and has had a really tough time with them. They have decided that it's time to go in and remove as much cancer as they can. We now know that she has cancer not only in her ovaries, but also in her abdominal wall and in her lungs. Her husband, my Pop, has been sick off and on for the past couple of weeks with a fever and such. He is in the emergency room tonight (in the same hospital where my Nana is) with fever, chills, chest pain and some other scary symptoms. My family is not telling my Nana that he is in the E.R. She just thinks he's with family at a house in Little Rock and that he can't be with her because of his fever. It's so sad to watch them get old and have so much trouble. Please pray for them.

1 comment:

Chris & Whitney said...

Jordan...I am so sorry about your grandparents. I watched my grandmother go thru chemo and beat her breast cancer, but it's not easy no matter the outcome. I will definitely pray for them both.