Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Kids

I have to admit that I am now realizing the benefits of having my children so close together. Jack is now 28 months old and Jace is 13 months old. As I am typing, Jace is hiding in the corner and Jack keeps running up to him and saying, "Pee Pie" and Jace just laughs hysterically! They really are starting to play well together and love on each other. It's pretty fun to see one of them lay down in the floor and the other one come over to lay their head on top. They typically do not take toys from each other (but they have NO problem taking toys from other children) and they are pretty loving towards each other. Jace is extremely mobile now that he learned to walk about 3 or 4 weeks ago.
Jack is in a big learning phase right now. He recognizes letters on road signs, tells me, "Momma don't run over that tree" or car, or person, or whatever he happens to see in or next to the road. The other day Jack and I had a day alone together and we went shopping! While we were in Linens 'N Things (which the Little Rock store is going out of business) he was in the cart. I was backing up out of an aisle and he said, "Momma watch out for that lady!". There was an older lady in the main aisle behind us. She laughed and said something about how cute kids are.
Jace has an attraction to the TV remote and can always find it no matter where we have put it. I just laugh when I look down to see him "running" as best he can off to a corner or another room once he finds it and snatches it! He has started stomping his feet when he wants something. Not in a throwing a fit kind of a way, but in a getting my attention and letting me know he wants something kind of a way. It's pretty cute, I think! He's my baby and I hope to keep him that way for a while! I still rock him to sleep and as soon as I lay him on my chest to start rocking I always ask if he wants momma to sing to him. He always grunts and shakes his head 'yes'. I love it.

No comments: