Saturday, September 12, 2009

Memory Verse

Jace is officially saying the three year old AWANAS memory verse now, even the scripture reference. Just reaffirms the affinity children have for learning. I don't think many people realize just how much they are able to learn and do. Jace must be at one of those stages right now where you can tell they are really developing, both physically and mentally. He amazes me every day by something he says or does.

Physically I noticed something pretty funny today. A few months back, probably around 18 months or so, Jace started asking to go pee pee on the potty. I knew that this was because he had an older sibling that was potty training and going to the potty. I would occasionally let him "try" but is was not productive. He wanted to stand just like Jack, and he would strain so I could tell he was trying but he didn't get it yet.

One day as the boys were getting out of the bath Jace asked daddy if he could go pee pee. Cody scooped him up and stood him up on the stool in front of the potty. Out it came!! He was around 21 or 22 months I guess. Since that time I have been occasionally taking him to the potty. He always tries and most of the time he goes. When he doesn't need to he stands there and "strains" but then quickly says, "I can't".

Anyways, that was a long story to get to the fact that today I decided to put some big boy underwear on him and take him to the potty more often to see how that went. He's been asking lately to put on "under pants", I really don't know where that term came from but it is funny anyhow. So, I told him he could go get a pair out of the drawer and he could wear them today. I was in the kitchen doing something and when I turned around he had a pair and they were on! He had them on the right way and he had pulled them up but couldn't quite get them over his booty! That's when I noticed he grabbed one of Jack's size 4T underwear. I recently bought the bigger size because the 3T's are getting snug on him but the 4T's are still a little saggy. But, Jace filled out those 4T's like no other! He's got his momma's curse! I had a funny thought about having to buy him 5T underwear to potty train him! Oh my!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I bought Maggie the size 4 from the girls section...bless her!