Sunday, September 13, 2009

Night Night

Since Cody has been out of town we have established a new bedtime routine. We used to put the boys down separately because if one of them was not asleep before the other came in they would laugh and play for a long time. With Cody gone it's hard to tell one or the other to wait in the other room while you put brother in bed. Anyways, we get all ready for bed and I tell them to each pick out a book for me to read. They go get the book and lie down in their spots in bed. I read each book, we laugh and have a good time. Then I put the books away, give Jace his paci (yep i do) and give them both kisses and hugs. I tell them that it is time to go to sleep and that they should close their eyes, be still, and quiet. I laughed when closing the door the first night because I thought it would never work with a 3 year old and a (soon to be) 2 year old. They never made a peep! Haven't yet and we've been doing this for 5 nights now!

I'm just really feeling blessed these days. I know it has to do with the Bible Study I am in right now, One in a Million by Priscilla Shirer. But really. My kids are the best. Now I know every mom on the planet (well not that any of them are going to read this) is thinking that I'm wrong and that's perfect! All moms deserve to feel this way about their own!

No comments: