Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sales and Slaughters!

Cody is taking off of work all this week and he began his vacation early by hunting all this past weekend. So, that means that I have the boys by myself all weekend. Normally, it would have been fine.... not ideal.... but fine. But, this weekend was the Inviting Company semi-annual clearance sale!! I can't AFFORD to miss a sale! So, Natalie and I decided to hit the sale at the last minute. It opened at 9 am Saturday morning and by the time we got all four kids (yes we took all four kids to the warehouse sale) ready we made it to North Little Rock by 10:00 am. When we drove up there was no place to park in the parking lot or in front of the warehouse or up and down the street! We circled and hovered and found a front row spot! Good thing because I didn't want to haul the kids in a mile or two!

We piled out of the car and put the kids in two double strollers and headed inside. The aisles were packed with vultures! There was no room to maneuver the strollers because of the LINE of women waiting to check out! Natalie is a fierce shopper and I was not about to lose that challenge so off I went! First stop: Christmas cards to put pics of the boys in and send to friends and family this Christmas. Check! I found them within the first 10 minutes!

Second stop: Invitations for the boys' birthday parties for the next four years! Check! They had the cutest invitations that I actually planned out a few years worth of parties in my head and found corresponding themed invites! And, just so you know you don't have time to count out exactly how many you need, you just grab a stack and keep going! I could continue on with everything I got, but lets just list them instead: Valentine's for the boys to hand out for a couple of years, "We've Moved" cards for just in case, "J" stickers for envelopes of the boys' thank you notes, Christmas "to" and "from" labels, a t-shirt that actually has jace's name on it, a tu-tu for my niece for Christmas, 3 cases of Christmas paper plates and 2 cases of matching napkins, and I think that's it! And, the kicker is that I left without even handing over $25!

Oh, and I skipped over the part where we realized that the line was a 2 hour wait so Natalie took her kids and Jack to McDonald's playland for an hour while I stood in line with Jace! Wow, what an experience! Then we went to the park and let the kids play before heading home for naptime!
Saturday evening I hit Kohl's and got the boys' Christmas p.j.'s a fall shirt for Jack and three shirts for myself all under $60! 2 sales in one weekend!
On to the Slaughter portion... Cody came home late Saturday night and was upset because he had seen 3 deer on Saturday morning but did not have a necessary part of his gun (he assumes he lost it walking out to the stand). So, he WATCHED the deer on Saturday. Sunday morning we all got up and went to church, as usual. Most of the men were in the deer woods, but Cody made the decision to go to church and then go hunting that evening! I think that it paid off for him because he shot a buck Sunday evening! He called to say that he was going to be a while because he had shot one and was going to have to do whatever you do to the deer to get it ready. I decided to take the boys out to him and take some pics of them with Cody and the deer. The pics turned out great, wish you could see them! haha I'll get some up later, we're having camera difficulties right now!

No comments: