Tuesday, February 10, 2009

At The Well - Motives

Today on At The Well (www.titus2atthewell.com) we were asked to examine our motives for doing the things we do, even the good things. At first glance I thought that this was not necessarily something I struggled with. What I was thinking at the time was that I do the things I do (speaking of the good things here, not the bad) because I really do want to, not because I want to be noticed, praised, or glorified. But, even that is a selfish motive. I SHOULD be doing things for God to be noticed, praised, and glorified. I SHOULD be doing things out of the conviction of my heart which is put there by God. I have to say that I do have pure motives some of the time, but there are certainly plenty of times when I need to stop and refocus.

I would include the link, but cannot figure it out this time! I'll get it! You can find the link on the right hand side of my blog page.

1 comment:

LAURIE said...

I am so glad to see you join us over AT THE WELL this week. I was like you, when I first starting writing this post, I thought "certainly I do good things for the right reason" and then God began to show me some areas that "me" creep in. It was definetly a heart changing discussion.

Hope to see you around the WELL again! -blessings, Laurie