Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Have you thought of your future daughter-in-law??

Thought that title would catch your attention! Most of my close friends know that I'm a proponent of the book, Preparing Him for the Other Woman by Sheri Rose Sheperd. Don't know why I thought of it today necessarily, but for some reason it was on my mind tonight during my blogging time. I am passionate about raising my boys in a way that will teach them to love God, love others, and effectively love their wives!

This book walks you through how to raise boys to be Godly men, husbands, and fathers. She gives you practical tips, by age, in each chapter. She also has a chapter about praying for your future daughter-in-law. The author began writing letters to her future daughter-in-law when her son was very young. She also began collecting things from his boyhood and saved them all in a hope chest that she presented to her on her wedding day. What an awesome way to start a good relationship!

For anyone interested here's a link to her website, www.hisprincess.com

2 comments:

Chris & Whitney said...

I've prayed for Alyssa's and now Blakely's future husbands since they were born...that they love Jesus and that they already have people in their lives...Godly men and women...teaching them how to be a man of God and the spiritual leader my girls...their future wives...will need. Thank you for being a good mommy and loving someone else's daughters before you even meet them!

A Princess, five guys - then me!! said...

As someone who has never had a great relationship with her in-laws, this is something I think of often with my boys (and girl to come). Not only do I want my children to grow up and be great husbands/fathers (wife/mother), but I want their future wifes (husband) to have a good relationship with us and feel like part of the family. I never want my kids or my future children in-law to go through what I went through. I will have to check out this book.