Sunday, February 15, 2009

HOORAY!!!!

So, Jack just hit a milestone tonight, and if you don't want to hear about his first poopoo in the potty you should just stop reading now because the proud mom in me is going to tell all about it! Well, we can always tell when he's 'going' because he hides in the playroom (formally known as the dining room, who needs a family table anyways?). Well, I should say, we can always tell when he has JUST GONE. We always seem to catch him on the tail end of that act! Tonight we could tell he was about to go and we kept a close eye. He went to hide in the playroom, we caught him and took him straight to the potty, he sat there for about 5 minutes, couldn't go, got down and then the process repeated about three times! Finally I kept his pull-up off and just told him that he WILL tell mommy when he needs to go potty. You know I was watching him like a hawk then! So, sure enough I caught 'the look' and took him straight to the potty for the fourth time and he went right away!!! We had a celebration of opening a present (one out of his four poopoo presents that have been wrapped and waiting on him to go potty, getting two potty treats, and many many praises from mom and dad! He opened up a set of four play-dough tubs. He wanted to play with it right away and made a lobster out of his 'cookie cutters'. We talked all about how lobsters have claws and will pinch you. Then I could tell he was half afraid to touch the lobster again so I had to explain that it was a pretend lobster and that the real lobsters in the water are the ones that pinch! How cute! Thanks for indulging and reading this far, you are a true friend!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Yea for Jack! Keep catching him in the act and he will be a pro in no time. Missed you this weekend : )

A Princess, five guys - then me!! said...

Good job Jack. Hopefully I have the energy to stick with this potty training!
I don't think you are snob! I completely understand. Add to the four boys my pregnancy brain and I am a mess! If the baby does not come on her own, she will be induced on April 20th, so about nine more weeks. Her name is Madeline Elizabeth.

Anonymous said...

yeah!!! isn't it funny how excited we get about poop! haha. i almost cried when evan started pooping in the potty! but he was 3 so i was tired! haha. thanks for the encouragement.....hopefully it goes well. so far, so good! and its only been 8 hours haha.