Thursday, January 29, 2009

Big Boy Potty

So, I started potty-training with Jack on Friday morning. I quickly realized that the potty needed to be in the living room so that I wasn't camping out in the bathroom all day long. Also, it helps Jack not to dread going to the potty and sitting there a while if he knows he's not going to miss out on anything. So, by noon He was telling Me when he needed to potty and doing it! We had a pretty good weekend with it. He's only had 2 accidents since we started and neither of them were at home, so I think he got distracted or excited and just forgot.
On the other hand, if anyone has ANY advice on getting him to actually go #2 in the potty I would definitely appreciate it! Today I went to Wal-Mart and bought four prizes for him. I brought them home and wrapped them and put them where he sees them all day. I told him that they were his prizes for when he poopoo's in the potty. So far he's pretty excited about it, but we haven't had a chance to test the theory yet. Yesterday I asked him every 15 minutes if he needed to poopoo. Every time he said no. Not two minutes after me asking him he told me that I needed to change him and he had gone in his pull-up (can't remember why I had a pull-up on him, he's been wearing his big boy underwear which is too cute).

1 comment:

Natalie said...

With Parker I just had to catch him in the act. For a few days i just watched him like a hawk and I finally caught him with the face. You know what I mean : ) Then I just put him on read a book or two and coached him in pushing.