Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Time Out

Ok, so I just had to share the cutest thing about my little man, Jace. He's almost 16 months old now, getting so big! Anyways, when he gets in trouble I usually send him to time out now. He's been going to time out for about two months now. Before then he would go sit with Jack whenever he had to go to time out so I knew he was probably ready for his own time out spot! Ok, back to the story... So, today I got onto him for getting into an arrangement that he knows he should not get into. So, I swatted him and told him that he knows he should not do that. He started crying and sent himself to time out! He's done that a few times whenever I have gotten onto him but not told him to go to time out. It's so funny. He sits there until I tell him to get up too. It made me laugh out loud today.
Also, I get my own time out again. We started back our Wednesday morning Bibly study with other moms of preschoolers this morning. We are doing "Victoriously Frazzled" by Cindi Wood. Thought I would share today's verse, "The Lord will fight for you. You need only to be still." Exodus 14:14 The lesson for today really showed me this verse in a very day-to-day helpful way. The Lord told me that when I get stressed or overwhelmed that if I would just pause to say a quick prayer that He will fight that battle right then, even if it only meant that he would give me patience, compassion, or understanding to get through that moment with peace.

No comments: