Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sad Day....

I'm a very conservative person, politically. So, needless to say I was not in favor of Obama winning the Presidency. That doesn't mean that I was gung-ho McCain either. I just viewed him as the best candidate of the two. I really can't understand how a Christian person can vote for a Democrat, simply based upon the issues the party as a whole stands for. The major one, for me, is the pretty obvious abortion. It is just not within me to understand how anyone, much less a Christian person, can say that abortion should be legal (or a woman's right to choose should be legal, which is just a 'better' way to say they think it's ok to kill a baby). I know that not all Democrats vote pro-choice, but most do in the end.
I'm just depressed about the direction of our nation as a whole. Ok to kill a baby, but you can't lay a hand on an animal or tree! Can't pray in school when our nation was built by those who wanted a place without oppression of their religious beliefs. And now, persecuting Christian beliefs is accepted and encouraged, but you have to respect the beliefs/customs of ANY other religion. We elect a President, to make decisons for the good of our country, that thinks we should do away with the Pledge of Allegiance because it is not good for foreign relations (did not confirm this, only heard it). I really could go on for a while, but it really does depress me.
All this being said, now that Obama is the President it is my duty to quit my whining about him being elected and begin supporting the good he will do. I do believe that he can do (some) good things for our nation, just scared about the other things he can/will do.

1 comment:

Chris & Whitney said...

I am so with you, Jordan. I posted a blog entry back in November about my political "beliefs." It was amazing the response I got from people who don't see it the same way...makes me sad that the values of our country have changed so much. However, I am also with you that now that the choice for president is made and final, I can support him and most of all pray for him!

On another note, I really do need to get with you asap about your house cleaning services! Call or email me! 626-1120 or whitney.white@ltdteam.com

Thanks girl!