Friday, January 16, 2009

Today started out SLOW!! I was texting Cody by 9:45 am asking what was on the agenda for this evening. I was bored and hungry, well mostly hungry because I was bored! Anyways, I made a decision to get up and DO something! I got up and asked the kids (my two plus the other two I had today) if they wanted to color. OF COURSE they did. I got out the Aqua Doodle and also the crayons and paper. We went to town coloring! Then we got out the "dot markers", for lack of a better term, and polka-dotted away too. As if I weren't the best mom ever by that point (I'm laughing out loud!) I then decided to really get wild and crazy and get out the play dough. Our little buddy, Lucas, could not get past the fact that he thought it really was food. So, after the second red play dough between the teeth I decided that really was a little too wild and crazy for today. But, before that happened we rolled at least 15 snakes. They were mean ones too.....kept hissing and striking at me. I was lucky to survive! We had a lot of laughs and I had a lot of fun too. Funny how that works huh??
Safe to say that I didn't get anything done today around the house....but we did have a good day. Preston is really getting used to staying with me during the day and he didn't cry when his mom dropped him off, just walked right in ready to play! I finally figured out how to get him to actually eat his lunch as well. I let them watch a little bit of Cars right after lunch so he doesn't associate lunch with going straight to bed afterwards. Also, I never use the L word, I have to call it a snack so that he is excited about going to sit down at their little table! Don't know why that makes a difference, but he is ready and willing to sit at the table for a snack, but doesn't want anything to do with lunch!

No comments: